The purpose of the Annunciation PTA is to provide a forum where parents, teachers, administrators, and other concerned adults of the community can come together to discuss ways to promote quality education, encourage community involvement, and work to create a healthy educational environment for our children. The PTA is committed to fostering collaborative parent-teacher relationships so that our teachers have the tools and support they need to create a productive learning environment in which our children can acquire the Greek language and learn about the Greek culture and Christian Orthodox faith.
OUR CORE PRINCIPLES
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with other organizations of the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church to foster a community spirit and interest in our children’s Greek language, cultural and religious education.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting our children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, teacher, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We celebrate our successes, learn from our challenges and deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our fellow community members and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort, thought and consideration from ourselves as we do from others.
- Community: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from all Annunciation Church families as well all other constituents of our community to improve our children’s education.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our Christian Orthodox beliefs and when we err, we acknowledge our mistake and seek to make amends.